Friday, January 2, 2009

a new kind of new year.


A new year always seems to give me the 'tingles' which is the only word that I can use to describe the feeling I get when I think about a whole year stretched before me..It is a similar feeling to that of the one I get in the spring..the fresh air and the knowing that summer and the warmth is getting closer and closer..the excitement and anticipation of what summer is going to bring..what will happen and what I will do..and I think this is so appropriate for the new year..
Ive never really gotten into the fuss of the new year..I have in the past just seen it as time going by as it always has with us not being able to do anything about it..But as I looked over 2008 I found myself thinking, and knowing, that I have never had a year quite like this one..I have never had a year with such new-ness and adventure than 2008...and this has seriously stirred something up in me for 2009..It is as if I look into this next year expecting more..But I just dont seem to know what that MORE is..
I even found myself at 2am on New Years morning, after all the hype of the countdown and fireworks had subsided, with this excitement and this determination that this year can be so full of dreams that actually become a reality, that this year there will be so many new opportunities that I can take up...and this led me to write down a few things that I will put effort into doing this year..not so much resolutions but improvements...dreams, thoughts and goals..as I called the list...

I hope to be nice to people I dont know. Strike up conversations with strangers. I wont limit my dreams and goals because I know that things that we find impossible CAN happen. Find at least one exercise that I enjoy. Smile more. Put more effort into keeping in contact with friends. Look out for opportunities where I can be of help. Take time out to think and ponder. Take risks. Make the most of each day and sieze every opportunity. Keep up to date with whats happening in the world And most of all I am going to give each day to God and let him do with it as he wishes.

I expect big things from this year. I know it will be amazing. I just have that tingly feeling. I don't want to look back on this year and see it as just another year.

Welcome 2009.

No comments: