Thursday, July 16, 2009

hello london old friend.

Yes Ive been in London again. Do I ever leave?! and yes it is the city that always draws me back..so much to do, see and LOVE. This time though it wasnt just for a pleasant visit..it was for an amazing 3 day stay..with all the other YFC volunteers who have done the year out with me. Oh my word. so much to do and catch up on and see and chat and SO little time. It was just such a time of hanging out, reflecting on what Gods done for us in the year, what we've done and learnt, laughing at all the hilarious stories, and seeing how much the other volunteers have totally grown this year. It was so inspirational and so amazing..and the curveball of tears on the last day. Why will i miss it so?! ahh
The first hour of the first day we all were arriving into London on different trains and after the confusion of a London guy not understanding my accent when asking what train i needed to catch, I was in West London ready to meet everyone..oh my word hugs all round and just a general buzz of chatter. Then games (classic) and an amazing talk by Gavin Calver whose the new director of National YFC..Then to our hotel where we would be staying. This was a sight and after getting over how bright yellow the bathroom was and wondering what was crusted on the pillows, we were off out to dinner at PIZZA HUT (yeah they have them here too)..was so good just to sit and chat to the girls that I missed so much and totally have experienced what was going on this year.
Next day, day two, was a scavenger hunt day in London. So much fun. It took us to Buck palace, Leicester square, embankment..and all over the place. And funnily enough I was the NZ tourguide, expert on London haha Navigating the underground and whatnot. SO FUN.
And the evening was just ABSOLUTELY MAGICAL. movie moment. We all took a cruise on the river thames at night..4 hours of dinner, dancing, drinks and watching the lights of London by water..so beautiful..and so surreal. There was just this moment of me dancing on the deck of the boat surrounded by loads of amazing friends whilst going past the big ben and houses of parliament all lit up, where I thought 'Oh my word this is amazing' and couldnt get over that I had actually done this and God has brought me on such an adventure to ENGLAND. was so amazing (this word is being used alot but there is no other word to describe it).
And then goodbye the next day. I didnt realise how sad this would make me. and i totally admit to crying. Theres some people Ive met who seriously I have no other word for it but have a 'God bond' with. Just one of those friendships where no matter how long since weve talked it all just is so natural when we see each other again. and so hard to let it go and think i dont know when im gunna see them again. oh dear. Me just walking through the tube station bawling..awful.
But it has been such a nice few days. Love them all.

Another thing that Ive been really challenged with lately aswell is the idea of just letting go of the young people I work with (because I love them so immensly) and just trusting that God will get through to them, and that he'll bring someone along to love them and care for them just as he brought me along, even after Ive left..and Im just having to hold onto that trust, because Im finding it so hard leaving..so hard. We had Mcdonalds with some of the girls I LOVE tonight..and it was just so cool just hanging and chatting and generally sharing life. I m going to miss them so much. ah well. I know God has my best interests at heart, so no matter how hard it is leaving I know God has something so amazing for me in the future.
Also struggling with this thought of what the worlds idea of success is and whether that will be the plan for my life. Money, education, a stable job. And Im wondering whether this is what God wants me to live like. Or whether hes got another plan that totally goes against the worlds idea of success. Which would be amazing. But I dont know how i would cope with peoples thoughts. trust and faith i think. We'll see when this arises. I know it will be an ADVENTURE though.

One of my friends said to me today out of the blue 'Im so excited to see where God takes you next year' and I honestly could say me too. Literally scary but so exciting.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So exciting Luv.Brings tears to my eyes! You just go & get God on this!Grab him round the legs & dont let go till he makes it happen!Be such a pain to Him he will sort it, just so He can get some peace!
Luv u heaps,
Dad.XXX