Thursday, July 2, 2009

july you have crept up on me.

Since when was it July?! oh my word its crazy how time flies..and a little bit scary..actually ALOT scary..only 3 more weeks left of my work with Gillingham Youth For Christ..oh my word. And as much as I'm looking forward to Greece I don't want to wish my time here away in order for my holiday to get here sooner...So many things Im looking forward to this month. And so many I'm not. But I think the looking forward to's outweigh the rest.



These things I am looking forward to:

End of Year Bash. which is for all the YFC volunteers in London. 3 days of livin' the dream in the capital city. Hopefully we'll do some exploring, culture, and just general hanging out with nice people. There's a themed night one of the nights..Westend..and weve got to dress formal..might need to save my pennies and go shopping for something nice.

Camden Market. I haven't scheduled it in but it IS GOING TO happen. I cannot leave England having not done possibly the coolest thing in Britain. So many vintage stalls, up and coming fashion designers and loads of culture and different ethnicities. AMAZING. i must put it in my diary soon. MUST.

Westend Theatre Trip. Hopefully we'll be taking some of our girlies from drop in to a westend theatre production of 'Wicked' in a theatre in London just outside Victoria Staion. I hope we can do it. I really want to see a show and I know the girls would love it.

The huge Number of Drop ins that are stretched before me. I do 4 a week in the evenings and LOVE every one of them. The older kids are truly something else and I love them so much. I'm going to make the most of it while I can.

My long weekend. This starts tomorrow and I have no idea how I'm going to spend it. Im thinking maybe London. Or Camden. I dont know but I want to use the small number of pennies I have to go and do something exciting.

My host mums birthday. Which is this Saturday. She's turning 30 and is having a themed party 'Underground theme' so you have to go dressed up creatively as one of the names of the London Underground. I'm still undecided as to what Im going to go as. Olympia maybe? And make a toga out of a sheet. Then Sunday we're going to have lunch at a posh restaurant in London near London Bridge. Ooh La La it should be nice.

Greece. Me and Bee are going to a Greek Island called Corfu on July the 27th. Even though our flight is ridiculously early it will be amazing. 7 days of sun and sea and culture. I cannot wait.

Alpha away weekend. We're doing youth alpha at the moment with some of the kids from our evening drop ins and I love it. They're a bunch of rascals and are so noisy but God is totally working on them. So we're gunna do an away day where we just have fun with them, play games and do some intense sessions on what Jesus has done for them. It will be epic.



This is what my July holds. and I know it will hold so much more aswell. Amazing. Cannot wait to see how it all unfolds.

No comments: