Saturday, November 1, 2008

hmmmm..where do i begin

so i havent blogged for ages...time has really just gotten away on me and i dont really remember what ive been doing since the last blog..maybe i need to update it a little more often..hmm

At the moment i have found a spare few minutes as i am sitting in the office on a saturday waiting for a computer guy to come and check whats wrong with all the computers..then i can go home..this i s what i woke up early on my saturday morning for..and hes LATE..not impressed..



But I guess good things (such as this blog) come out of other peoples tardiness lol Last week was half term which means all the kiddies are off school and have a one week holiday..which means we had some time off too..so good...we had monday off and then phil and I had a modular training course in Birmingham on tuesday and wednesday...But what a mission we had getting there..haha So the morning didnt start off well when i ran out of the house, paranoid we were going to miss the train, only to find that halfway down the road i didnt have the tickets..so lugging all 2 days worth of my luggage plus a sleeping bag i threw myself back down the road only to find that the tickets had fallen out of my pocket and were lying on the floor of the house..lol so that was one problem solved...I walked as fast as i could, sometimes even breaking into a mad dash, to the station..only to get there 15 minutes early..lol no need for all that earlier kafuffle lol So we boarded all 4/5 of our trains well that day...just went a little bit wrong at the last station lol

We met up with some other people from yfc at the last station and boarded a train which we thought was going to the station we needed...at the last minute the conductor came into our carriage and shouted something then went back out and closed the doors..he had said that the train was not stopping but going straight to its final destination..lol but we didnt hear that...it was too funny coz we ended up going THROUGH the station we needed but ended up ages away at another station..lol

We ended up taking another train closer to the station we were meant to be at and then got picked up and taken to yfc head office..thank the Lord lol as it was getting rather frozen outside...and all i could think about is summer in nz..lol

AND THEN IT SNOWED...as we were sitting in on training listening about working with hard to reach young people..it started snowing...me just getting so excited and not being able to listen to a word he said coz i was so distracted lol
So during break time I was of course one of the first to run outside..the novelty soon wore off though as the snow melted and it got cold and wet lol but amazing all the same..

It was so good seeing everyone...and the training was really good too coz sometimes I feel a bit lost with some of these kids and how to deal with them...But it was so good to hear that God equips us for EVERY situation he puts us in..so if we come into it as if God is in us and we are merely what he is using to get his love for them across then we should have more confidence in approaching kids and working with them...it was so cool just to hear that and even though it was omething i already kknew there is something different about knowing it in your mind...and TRULY knowing it in your heart..
Also it totally came up again that instead of putting ourselves above the kids God calls us to love and care for these kids as they are..meeting them where they are, not judging them and then treating them as the amazingly loved kids of God that they are...

Also I'm reading an amazing book at the moment called THE SHACK...you have to read it if you havent..my word God shows up in so many amazing ways..its just so cool..and totally changes your views on everything...AMAZING

Yesterday I met my mentor..Her names Chris Pinner and she is so lovely..we sat in her front room for 2 hours yesterday talking, eating cake and drinking tea...perfect..we will meet more often..

I miss New Zealand and summer though..and im totally trying to work on that coz i really dont want to waste my time here by wishing I was back home...when I know this is where I am meant to be for the moment...

Tonight Im going to a massive fireworks display..which should be so exciting..

Love love xxx

and just because I have figured out how to I am going to put some pics on this blog of my London trip with Rach and lots of other random bits.. :)
it didnt work..dang

No comments: